Just a reminder to move the clocks ahead this weekend!
And while you are changing yours clocks, do NOT forget to check out your smoke alarm and accessories like the SafeAwake batteries to determine if the batteries need changed out.
Did you know that with 10,000 people turning 65 years old every day for the next 17 years.
1. 1 in 3 people over the age of 60 years cannot hear their household high frequency smoke alarm.
2. 1 in 2 people over the age of 75 years cannot hear their household high frequency smoke alarm.
3. Fire kills. And fast too. That is why smoke and heat detectors are mandated everywhere. When seconds could mean the difference between life and death, SafeAwake provides additional notification for someone who needs a little extra time implementing their personal safety action plan in a fire emergency.
To review, fire and smoke alarms send out a 0.5 second T-3 alarm signal pattern that SafeAwake immediately recognizes. SafeAwake is instantly triggered by the specific alarm pattern. When activated, SafeAwake:
1. Sets off a flashing light, and loud, low frequency (520 Hz) audible sound that the hearing impaired may hear.
2. Sets off a motorized bed shaker that literally pulls each and every sleeper from deep slumber, and warns them of a smoke and possible fire. It literally shakes the sleeper awake like a stiff poke in the ribs.
For commercial properties with sleeping rooms such as Hotels, College Dorms, and Senior Care Facilities, the SafeAwake is a great product to help you meet your ADA Compliance Requirements and should be part of your Americans With Disabilities Compliance implementation action plan.
Check out the SafeAwake at www.safeawake.com and contact us to learn how to get yours today!